It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 am

Idea! Need help for music video stunt! 

Idea! Need help for music video stunt!
Now first off i'd like to address that I know the risks behind this and that it is very dangerous but hey, thats the fun of it :)

There are many music videos or movie scenes in which someone is lit on fire for several seconds at a time or maybe even half a minute. (Very short time periods obviously for safety reasons)

I want to know how! A very detailed and safe way how to minimize the risks!
I'm aware the cuts must be very short and fast. With lots of safety equipment like water hoses, buckets of water, a pool, or fire extinguisher.

Specifically I want to know how to safely do this on both clothing and bare skin. Obviously on the skin its going to be riskier and faster but like I said it's a risk I'm willing to take.

If you need an example, here is a music video of a personal favorite song that does this effect.

https://www.youtube.com/v/rWTF17JwGSY

Please please please help! Thank you!:D

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Post Re: Idea! Need help for music video stunt!
With the greatest respect, if you need to ask these kinds of questions, you should not be attempting to execute fire stunts yourself.

Fire stunts can be achieved relatively safely if you know what you are doing and have the right kinds of Personal Protective Equipment, fuels, costume etc. If you don't have the right kit/knowledge, or even if you do, things can go wrong horribly, and quickly.

I don't feel comfortable giving tips or advice in this instance, other than to say that if you want to do body burn stunts for the first time, get the assistance of a stunt coordinator who is experienced in this area. You may soon learn the dos and don'ts, and be on your way to coordinating fire burns.

Please don't attempt body burns without an experienced coord in attendance. I've seen folks injured even with the right PPE, and firemen and medics present. It's not pleasant.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:06 pm