It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 am

Welcome back, Ringo Lam 

Post Welcome back, Ringo Lam
Ringo Lam to direct new action film

Production News
Hong Kong newspaper Apple Daily reported this week that director Ringo LAM 林嶺東 is to return to directing this year with an action film with investment from Mei Ah Entertainment Group Ltd 美亞娛樂資訊集團有限公司.

Details of the film have yet to be announced, but Mei Ah president LI Kuo-hsing 李國興 confirmed the existence of the project to Apple Daily, and that the film stars Daniel WU 吳彥祖 and Shawn YUE 余文樂. The latter and Wu's spokesperson confirmed their participation as well.

"I've always wanted to work with Lam, so I'm very happy that he asked me to be in his film. I hope we can start filming soon so I can learn from him," Yue told the newspaper.

Although both actors appeared in Aubrey LAM 林愛華's Hidden Track 尋找周杰倫 (2003) and Hot Summer Days 全城熱戀 (2010), directed by Tony CHAN 陳國輝 and Wing SHYA 夏永康, they did not share scenes.

Set to begin production in June, the Mei Ah project is Ringo Lam's first feature in more than a decade. Seven years ago, he co-directed a section of portmanteau film Triangle 鐵三角 (2007) with TSUI Hark 徐克 and Johnnie TO 杜琪峰.

The veteran action director is reportedly also planning a second project for this year, but the script is still being prepared.

Source: http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/ringo-lam-to-direct-new-action-film

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:29 pm