It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Body Transmogrification Progress - June 2011 

Post Body Transmogrification Progress - June 2011
Even though it made me feel like a tool, I decided to start documenting the results of my physical training visually in addition to the normal logs and measurements I keep. I've always been vehemently opposed to the "shirtless pic in the mirror" thing, but it's for the good of my fitness and these things are never going to find their way onto a social networking site so I can at least live with the shame.

So here's the first set of what is probably going to be a monthly progression--taken intermittently during a light home training session.

(EDIT: Photos missing due to Photobucket mishap. Lifting numbers updated)

Anyway, could be a lot worse considering how lax I've let myself get with my diet and the frequency of my workouts, but I'm still somewhat dissatisfied with my current condition. This time last year I had about eight more pounds of lean muscle on my frame and was significantly leaner, and my strength advances have all but stopped.

Weight Training Results - 06/24/11

Sumo Deadlift - 5x3 @ 300lbs
Wide-grip pullup - 5x15 @ [bodyweight]
Seated decline weighted situp - 5x15 @ 45lbs
Single-Leg Calf Raise - 5x8 @ 90lbs

Good workout but not a good day for my diet. Too few meals consumed and not enough of the right nutrients at each meal. Breakfast consisted of a protein shake containing 2 scoops of whey (50 grams), 1 small scoop creatine, 1 banana, 6 strawberries, cinnamon, and a cup of whole milk. No lunch to speak of. I let my blood sugar drop a little too much, but there was some confusion with my work schedule so today was an outlier event. Dinner was a house salad with balsamic vinaigrette and ahi tuna with rice noodles, wasabi cream and spicy plum sauce. I also just caved and at a sliver of key lime pie, but I'll excuse that because I lifted heavy today. So far, so good.

Anybody else overhauling their training format or doing anything fun and different for the summer?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 am