It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Donnie Yen's MMA (Comparison) 

Post Donnie Yen's MMA (Comparison)
Yen has come a long way and his continuous improvement of the sport is evident watching the clips back-to-back. And still to this day, I keep discovering new things in the clips I previously never was aware of. Great achievement by Yen.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:22 am

Post Re: Donnie Yen's MMA (Comparison)
Maybe it's just me, but I still think the fight with Sammo is my favorite before he got into all of the grappling. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the MMA stuff. I still like the old school punching and kicking. I literally fell asleep the first time watching the Special ID fight, but that might have more to do with the stupid storyline and made me tired in the first place.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Post Re: Donnie Yen's MMA (Comparison)
SPL was good, and I didn't hate Special ID, but Flashpoint was the happy medium for me. Such a dull movie, but such an incredible action finale.

I actually like the grappling and stuff mixed in, it was new and fresh at the time, but if I wanted to watch realistic grappling I'd just watch MMA. Movies should show action at its theoretical upper limit, the most exciting it can be, not the standard at which it actually happens every day.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:43 pm