It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:01 am

Gym Jones - great training writing/resource 

Post Gym Jones - great training writing/resource
Just came across this - with the recent topics here about weightlifting, etc I thought it might be of interest. This is a bunch of writing from Gym Jones, the gym/trainers that trained the '300' actors & stunt crew - there's a ton of useful stuff there, very well written, in depth and almost brutally practical at times.

http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php

It's not specific to martial arts or stunts, more fitness in general, but I think a lot of it would still be pretty relevant.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Post Re: Gym Jones - great training writing/resource
Thanks for the link Div, I'm definitely going to check that out.

While we're on the subject, there's an almost unlimited amount of strength training literature on sites like EliteFTS and Testosterone Nation, although both sites are largely written for an audience of powerlifters, so the information isn't always relevant to everyone. Some of the most notable authors on the sites include Louie Simmons, owner and founder of the infamous Westside Barbell gym, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Joe Defranco, Matt Kroc, Scott Yard, and Alwyn Cosgrove, former Tae Kwon Do champion and MMA enthusiast, whose information is usually the most pertinent to martial artists, gymnasts, and athletes whose training most resembles that of a stuntman; he's definitely one of my go-to authors in times of need.

Also, for those less interested in romancing the iron, there's always the infinitely wonderful BeastSkills.com that offers up tips and tutorials of only the gnarliest bodyweight-only feats of strength. It will definitely make your dick smaller.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:16 am

Post Re: Gym Jones - great training writing/resource
Rockin! Thanks DIV!

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 pm
Profile WWW