It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Can some one help me with the touchdown raiz set up. 

Post Can some one help me with the touchdown raiz set up.
Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me with the touchdown raiz to swingthru I have been struggling with it for quite a while if some one could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Here is what it looks like. Thanks

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Can some one help me with the touchdown raiz set up.
Ask on the tricking forums! :) http://tricksession.com/forums

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

Nice Breakin' music choice!

Well you probably have it by now. But if not, one thing you can work on is making the raiz itself more inverted.

If you havent learned an inverted (or upside down) raiz, work on that and the TD Raiz should be easy from there. When you do a raiz that's more upside down, the momentum is transfering more up-and-down than side-to-side (or side-to-down.) That means you have more upright momentum for your swing-through leg to carry through.

The mechanics are like a gymnast's round-off. It gets upside down so the momentum carries through into a flip or cork more easily. You can still do a TD Horizontal raiz into a swing through, it's just towards the end of the move, you'll have to adjust/power through the natural direction of your swing-through leg. When the raiz is more upside down, the swing-through leg misses the ground more naturally to help you go into whatever trick is next. Let me know if this helped.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:33 pm

HI Action Director thanks I'm a huge bboying fanatic. Thanks for responding to my question also. I'm starting to get the inverting part but when I get to the end of the raiz to the swingthru I get nervous to follow through with anything with anything whether its a flip or a twist. How do you get over nerves to follow through.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:21 pm
Profile YIM