It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 pm

First tricks whilst not on a gym floor! 

Post First tricks whilst not on a gym floor!

Whee! Baby steps in doing tricks actually outside, which means I'm actually going to be able to use them in films soon and practice more than once a week. As you can see, I'm accustomed to the spring floor for getting lift (super low front tuck) and I barely raise my arms at all, so that's going to change soon.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Post Re: First tricks whilst not on a gym floor!
That wasn't bad at all man. A couple things: you're stuffing your height on the roundoff (I know it was a practice, but still) by not letting your upper body spring straight as your legs go down, and on the backtuck by cutting off the arm swing too soon to reach for the tuck. Don't dip quite so much and throw the arms straight up high over your heard before you start to tuck and I guarantee you'll have a lot more air.

I never had access to a gym or any really useful mats so all the acrobatics I know were learned on grass or in an otherwise outdoor setting, and grass is actually my preferred tricking floor. It's hard enough to give back most of the force you generate with a jump or punch and still soft enough not to be too intimidating. Once you get used to it you'll be pulling off some crazy fun stuff because everything you need is outdoors--flat stretches, vertical surfaces, platforms. If you can find one (and use it without getting kicked out) football and soccer fields are perfect for practicing single moves and chains!

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Post Re: First tricks whilst not on a gym floor!
That was really good Shaun. Its going to be really cool to see when your able to put thoughts into a film.

I'm just starting to do tricking on a gym floor so i'm probably going to have the same challenge as you when I want to start doing them on the ground.

I thought the front tuck was prity good. Well, at least compared to mine.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW