It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Re-using Fight Choreography from a previous project? 

Post Re-using Fight Choreography from a previous project?
Intro:
3 Years ago I worked on a small passion project with a few actors. We created a very long weapon sequence. It was a personal best, no doubt the best scene I've choreographed.

We had two days to shoot it and we were all pumped to get it on film for our short. We got pushed for time and our actors werent available on the same day. We had only 1 day (which ended up being 3 hours) to shoot and on top of that our cinematographer got lost and we had to film it ourselves.

We film it ourselves. Cinematography looks terrible. Choreography decent. For one year we always look back and say what if we had that awesome cinematographer and more time.

So fast forward to now:
Now Ive moved away. Have a different stunt company. The next shoot is big and is a weapons fight scene.

We have many cinematographers to choose from. I would have loved to do the scene over with the first actors, but........... is it bad to re-use like 90% of the old fight scene? I really want to see how it would have looked with the proper care and treatment. Everyone from the first shoot felt like it was a waste of good choreography.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 am

Post Re: Re-using Fight Choreography from a previous project?
Nah, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wanting to re-use choreography. I mean, those ideas are still your own right? And you said yourself that you would just want to see what the choreography would look like with proper care and time. If it makes for a better fight scene, then I say go for it.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:49 pm