It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Hitman Absolution 

Post Hitman Absolution
Yes, apparently the title of the new Hitman game is Hitman Absolution. I'm so stoked about this. Here's an official teaser:

Tue May 10, 2011 11:19 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Hitman Absolution
Looks like the new game won't be about performing hits, but running from the cops. And this new Instinct mode they're talking about, which highlights everything you can use... Hopefully that's only on the easy difficulty. I'm really scared: http://www.next-gen.biz/features/hitman-absolution-preview

This shit is also scary:
Quote:
In the Hitman game series, Bateson provided the voice and physical guide of Agent 47 and served as the character model in every entry in the series until the fifth game, Hitman: Absolution, when he stated to a member of a Hitman fan forum that "No one from IO Interactive is answering my calls, e-mails or sms."

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ugh.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

Here's a 15 minute gameplay clip. Kinda reminds me of Arkham Asylum meets Metal Gear Solid with a touch of disguise play.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:44 am

I wonder why they put out such a video. This game was insta-buy for me, but now after seeing the video I might pick it up a few weeks after its release for half the price or something.

The Hitman games were about being a Hitman, figuring out ways to perform hits as clean as possible, and at different exotic locations around the world. Now all you seem to do is run from the cops in extremely scripted environments. And why didn't they hire David Bateson to do the voice of 47, like he did in all the previous games? He has even stated on his website that he wanted to do the voice. And the music sound like generic orchestra crap that you hear in every new big budget action film or video game. Maybe because Jesper Kyd who did the music on all the previous titles isn't involved anymore.

Now, IO Interactive haven't put out a good game in five years, so I have almost no hope for this being a good one. I hope I am wrong.

Sorry for the rant. :geek:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 am
Profile WWW

Powers Boothe has joined the cast:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

It looks OK to me.

I liked the original game more than the others. It was a little more forgiving. If you made a mistake while executing your plan you could improvise and fight your way out of the situation if necessary.

This became a lot harder from the second game onwards, and I gradually lost interest in the series. It got to the point where it was very unlikely that I would finish a level on the first try. I didn't like playing the same level over and over until I found the path I was supposed to follow.

Adding in "Detective Mode" was probably overkill, though.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Absolution will be released November 20:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/hitman_absolution/news/hitman_absolution_will_released_worldwide_november_20.html

Thu May 24, 2012 6:37 pm
Profile WWW