It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 am

E3 2012 

Post E3 2012
Anyone watch it this year?

I was generally unimpressed and unsurprised.

WiiU - no games that sparked my interest. No Mario Kart or Mario Galaxy. Not really interested in new controller.

Sony - A few great core games but not much else. The Last of Us is my favorite E3 showing. Spent way too much time showing boring Wonderbook/Harry Potter thing.

Microsoft - Other than Halo which looked interesting, the only core titles were multiplatform. Some kinnect dance and mini-games. An attempt to push Windows Phones and Internet Explorer.

Ubisoft - One of the better E3 showings, hosted by the actress that plays Lana on Archer. AC3 looks pretty fresh and interesting. And Watch Dogs is one to keep an eye on.

EA - Bleh, same games, new number.

Konami - A 3rd party Japanese game developer? That seemed rare for E3 this year. I'm sure Platinum will make a fun action game with Metal Gear Rising, but it doesn't seem to have the cinematic gravitas of a Metal Gear game.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: E3 2012
Watch Dogs looks awesome, great acting (maybe they're doing paired voice acting? or just super pros), great music, incredible visuals, and I dunno how that action works but it just looks AWESOME. Seems like a lot of procedurally generated stuff, which has come a long way.

But I agree, not much to be excited about.

However, with all the free PS+ games that just came out, I won't need any new games until 2013.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

WOA!! .. never heard of Watchdog and the video looks incredible! Hope the game will be at least half as good as this video.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 am

I hope the game won't be a video.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Chelsea says they didn't announce it for "PS3 and XBOX 360" but rather "Playstation and XBOX". He thinks it's a next gen game, let's hope! It'd be a hell of a way to kick the new system war off :D

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:17 pm
Profile WWW