It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Your own games 

Post Your own games
I just completed a game which I started on back in 2008 called Drive-By Shooter. It's heavily inspired by Paperboy. I was supposed to make it in a week or something but I never finished, but now I finally dug it up and put the finishing touches on it. Yes, it's made in Game Maker. I can't code for shit, and I'm not very good at making graphics, but here it is: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/203961-drive-by-shooter

Don't worry about the download being an executable file; it's NOT a virus.

Have any of you made any games? I know a couple here work at Telltale so someone must've done something.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Your own games
That's cool Chris! I originally wanted to design games as a career but I ended up working in Illustration. When I was a kid I could program in Basic and made a few games on the Amstrad CPC. Next year I plan to start making a game for the Dreamcast even though I haven't got much of a clue about programming! haha. At least I can do my own graphics easy enough :p

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Nice! Is there something like the Net Yaroze for the Dreamcast or is it all done on the computer?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Profile WWW

I have no idea! haha..... I like a challenge. I think it is done on the computer though.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:19 am

You normally do all the work on a computer and cross-compile it for the console.

Congrats on finishing Drive-By-Shooter. Finishing is the hardest thing in the world. It's easy to be "working" on a game for years, but actually getting it done is tough.

I've been working on a succession of games for the last couple of years. Finally settled on a small mini-game for phones that was supposed to take me 3 months to make. We're coming up on a year, and I've still got about 1/3 of the programming and all the graphics to do. I will finish it, though :D

It's so hard to get things done when you just get a few scattered hours every week to work on them (and there's a forum full of new fights to watch...)

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 am