It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Recently Played Video Game thread 
Site Admin

Post Recently Played Video Game thread
Post about your recently played video games!

Super Meat Boy - XBOX 360
Amazing platformer. Can't recommend this one enough. 10/10.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:38 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Recently Played Video Game thread
Splinter Cell - Double Agent (2006) - Windows/PC

Fantastic follow-up to the three first games. Like the new gameplay and the missions are more pro and hardened than ever. Rating: 4.5/5

Mafia (2002) - Windows/PC

Revisited this classic very recently. Never get tired of it. Graphics, gameplay, missions, music, story etc. are all well done and its' overall durability last longer than most games (old and new) I've played. Rating: 5/5

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (2007) - Windows/PC

Started playing this the first time yesterday (yeah I'm LATE, don't ask haha). Being a fan of the Call of Duty games, I can easily say that this beats them all (until I get onto MW2 and WaW). Everything is so new here; graphics, weapons, gameplay etc. It's indeed a refreshing change from the WW2 setting. Rating: 5/5

Last edited by DiP on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Metal Gear Solid - PlayStation

Completed this for about the 10th time. Never gets old. Would like to play the original Metal Gear 2, and the remake of the remake The Twin Snakes.

5/5

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

Super Meat Boy - 360

Massively fun game and addictive, sometimes gets a little frustrating but never too much. Huge game as well!

5/5

Shank - 360

Pretty good, amazing artwork throughout, pretty short and it gets repetitive quite quickly. Boss fights mix it up a bit. Not bad though

3/5

Decay pt1 & 2 - 360

Great little games these. I love the old adventure games like Myst, Torico, D, etc and this emulates there style perfect, nice and creepy and some great puzzles, little short though.

4/5

Bourne Supremacy - 360

Game version of Bourne Identity without Matt Damon. surprisingly quite a good game. Driving section are executed badly but they break up the action well. The shooting sections fare better but it can be awkward to aim and the bad guys take loads of hits unless you hit them in the head.... but its the fighting that redeems the game, great stuff

4/5

Pinball FX 2 - 360

I love pinball, I love this game

4/5

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:47 pm
Site Admin

Ooh I really liked Decay Part I. Maybe I'll get Part II after all.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 am
Profile WWW

Part 2 is much bigger (and harder), think part 3 is out this month

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:18 am
Site Admin

Little Big Planet - 3/5

Way too much stuff happening, with thousands of little power-ups, options, and weird stuff you can do. Not the kind of game you can pick up and play without wondering, "What am I missing?" Platforming elements are sketchy too. The jumping is floaty, and it's easy to switch planes and fall to your death. The physics are amazing though, and if I had the patience to read everything and bother with the menus, and collect all the random stuff everywhere, I'd play the hell out of it.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:05 am
Profile WWW

Rainbow Six - PC

Co-op with my brother. Lots of fun!

(Freaky arm dude is scary :shock: )

4/5

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
The graphics are phenomenal. The main campaign mode is long and sometimes tedious, but its beautiful and the boss battles are EPIC. You can catch up to the anime just by playing the story mode. It tells you everything, and actually makes some of the encounters BETTER than the anime. Music is nice, the controls are responsive. The only thing I didn't like was the online connection. 8/10

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Your typical Dynasty Warriors-type game, but with flash. The character designs are nice. Well, the MAIN character designs are nice. The soldiers are basic. The special attacks are well done. Bright, flashy, and powerful. The A.I. sucks though. Playing on the hardest difficulty will fix that some what. Not from the CPU's skill... but from the damage you take. Arrows as always, are a bitch. The soundtrack is GREAT! The English dub is horrendous. I like Johnny Yong Bosch and all.. but I'm getting tired of hearing him in every game and every anime. 6/10 - as a DW fan

Enslaved
Great game. Character design is nice. Especially the facial expressions. The detail to showing emotion is uncanny. The voice actors are on point. The story is interesting. The gameplay is decent. The only bad thing about that, is that you don't learn any new combos. Only halfway through, but I really like it. 8/10

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Loved the first one. Loved the second one. Love this one. Has everything the others have plus more. More weapons, more skills, more missions to do. The new Brotherhood thing is a nice touch. You recruit citizens and train them to fight for your cause. The training is done by sending them to various missions with a certain difficulty level that ranges from 1 to 5. When a mission is completed, they earn money and EXP. Sometimes items. When you get a certain level, you use skill points to increase armor and weapons. During main gameplay, you can call your Assassins to help take down guards or targets. Once you get to this point, the game gets easy. Sometimes, you don't need to do anything. The Assassins' beat THAT much ass. Haven't played the online multiplayer mode yet. Will play that once I beat the story. 9/10

Facebook: Ja-Mel Booth.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Red Faction - Guerilla
Played the hour-long demo and enjoyed it, but the combat wasn't so hot. I like destroying stuff, which is done perfectly, except you end up in an incursion every 5 minutes. I can't rate it because I didn't play past an hour, but I'm not sure I care to play much more.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 am
Profile WWW

Eric! Thanks for being the only another person on my PS3 friend list with Playstation Plus. I was feeling lonely.

Facebook: Ja-Mel Booth.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Spreadin' the word about good cheap gaming!

Killer 7
Way better than I expected, but clunky as hell. Suda made a control scheme that's so non-intuitive you just have to remember everything, or you die. The atmosphere is amazing though. Killer 7 is far less self-aware than No More Heroes and survives by just having a really high cool factor that isn't caked in cliche videogame and pop culture references. I give it a 4.5/5 for the experience, but as a game it's a 3, if you play games to just play games that is.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:35 am
Profile WWW

Metal Gear Solid 2 - PlayStation 2

Maybe the 8th playthrough. It's very easy on Normal now. Feels like the game is a long tutorial - best to skip the cutscenes.

4/5

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I take it you got the stealth suit?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Profile WWW

No, I usually erase my previous saves and start over from the beginning. I think I've played with the stealth suit once.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 pm
Profile WWW

'Splosion Man - 360

Excellent platform game, similar to Super meatboy but not as good. The character design si great and the animation of splosion man gives him alot of character. Great level design.
Bring on Ms 'Splosion Man!

4/5

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Crisis Beat - PlayStation

Poorly animated, stiff attacks, and not a whole lot of weapons to pick up. I'd rather recommend Fighting Force or Jackie Chan Stuntmaster if you're looking for a good 3D beat 'em up game for the PlayStation.

2/5

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:26 am
Profile WWW

Call of Duty - World at War (2008) - Windows/PC

Set back into the WW2 setting but with basically the same game engine as Modern Warfare. Once again, I had a blast playing it though it felt like playing the old games again after a while. All in all, a great addition to the series. Looking forward to play Modern Warfare 2.

4/5

Last edited by DiP on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Fear Effect - PlayStation

Very impressive graphics and nice looking cinematography. It's an exciting game with a good amount of gore. The story is decent and the characters are likeable, with pretty good voice acting. Unfortunately, the controls are kind of stiff and the game is at many times pretty much trial and error. There are some bugs, but none that's really annoying. The difficulty is kind of high, but not high enough for you to give up or use a guide. I would recommend this game if you like In Cold Blood.

3/5

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 am
Profile WWW

Fear Effect is great, the sequel is miles better. Gonna have to play through them again someday. I remember the 2nd one been slighty easier

Score Rush - 360

One of them single screen dual stick shooters like Geometry Wars but this one is REALLY good. Probably the best I've played. Great for a quick play and to try and beat your best score.

5/5

Pinball FX 2 Marvel Tables - 360

From the trailers this tables looked pretty bad but I was so wrong. These are the best tables Ive seen. Loads of special effects and things start happening when your on a roll, great stuff.

5/5

Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 pm

T79K wrote:
Fear Effect is great, the sequel is miles better. Gonna have to play through them again someday. I remember the 2nd one been slighty easier

Now I'm really looking forward to playing the second one!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Now I'm really looking forward to playing the second one!

Yeah, and it has lesbians...... everything is improved if you add lesbians

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Hell yeah! :lol:

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:38 pm
Profile WWW

Decay pt3 - 360

Just finished the newest part of this adventure and its the best so far. Each new part seems meatier and the story is coming together now and making sense. I miss adventure games like these, Can't wait for pt4

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:10 am
Site Admin

Out of This World
For Sega CD. Has the sequel Heart of the Alien too. Amazing adventure game made back in the day by one guy for Amiga, polygon-based. 5/5.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next