It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 am

Old computer broke 

Post Old computer broke
So, I have all these old MiniDV tapes lying around with old skate footage on them, and decided I was going to try and put together a little documentary with it. The camera used when filming those tapes is broken, so I bought another one pretty cheap.

I connected the camera to my old laptop because my new one doesn't have a Firewire port. Everything worked fine, but after I captured some footage to the laptop I noticed there wasn't any sound. I looked it up on a couple of forums and found out that you mostly can't capture sound if the tapes were filmed with a different brand camera because they use different sound compression or some stupid thing. My tapes were filmed with a Canon, and I have bought a Samsung to transfer them to the laptop.

After previewing the footage through the laptop again, just to see what was on the tape, the computer crashed and it smelled like it had burned. Then I couldn't start it again. It's most likely beyond repair, well at least it isn't worth repairing, but still; it's a loss. And now I have a camera I don't need. Well, maybe I can use it as a prop in a movie or something... Who knows? :roll:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:43 am
Profile WWW